Hello!

Say hello and let us know who you are.
LoneAlpha14

Hello!

Post by LoneAlpha14 » January 15th, 2019, 7:08 am

Hey there!

I'm Lana, a very complicated creature that somehow found her way to this planet. :) I hope we'll have many opportunities to chat and discuss, which would allow us to learn and understand things (and ourselves) even more [and better, 'cause one can always do better].

I've taken various tests that "classified" me as an INTJ. Even though I don't like tests since they cannot always assess as accurately as we want, I've found myself within all those lines I've read, which was enough for me to feel more unique, rather than weird. I still wonder whether I'm ever going to find a place that's right for me. In the meantime, I'm exploring. I love France, and am moving over there in March to spend a year at CERN. I'm not a scientist, so don't be afraid. :lol: Of course, I am joking - we should not dread knowledge and progress (but I'm not a scientist).

I also enjoy baking and writing. Let's say I love making people happy with my food, but I also more than love influencing others through written expression (and verbal, but writing is passion). I started writing my eCookbook, as well as a nonfiction. I think it is going to take a while before I publish them, but I will get there.

Anyway, there's a lot I could say - but if we share even the slightest bits of INTJ personalities, we should already know each other quite well, shouldn't we? The rest is to be discovered!

Looking forward to meeting you all!
GMSI7D

Re: Hello!

Post by GMSI7D » January 15th, 2019, 9:00 am

hello. thank you for the introduction

quote :" but if we share even the slightest bits of INTJ personalities, we should already know each other quite well, shouldn't we?"

yes but the point is to talk with people on the same level . talking with the crowd and irrational people is very frustrating

this is like talking with monkeys in the zoo. it is interesting for only 5 minutes . that's why social events and parties are boring. it is interesting for 1 hour then this is a waste of time.
Hartmund
Site Admin

Post by Hartmund » January 15th, 2019, 10:43 am

Hey Lana, a warm welcome to the forum! :) Thanks for the introduction, you seem like a great fit. Hope you have a great time here.

-Hartmund
LoneAlpha14

Post by LoneAlpha14 » January 15th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Thanks, Hartmund! :)

[mention]GMSI7D[/mention], I would have to agree with you on this, kind of. Trivial stuff can't caught my attention, and especially in such environments as parties or other social gatherings are, of which the only aim would be to make us follow the crowd.. That's why people sometimes find me to be arrogant or pretentious.
And, a propos of my sentence you quoted - the "quite" may be too much. I was not that serious however. :)
GMSI7D

Post by GMSI7D » January 15th, 2019, 12:13 pm

you have to stand for yourself. yes people will find that we are arrogant . but what matters is the blossom of our way of seeing life.

nature and the universe do not need 7 billions people thinking like the crowd

because it brings no value to the universe

LoneAlpha14

Post by LoneAlpha14 » January 15th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Oh, I do stand up for myself, don't worry! :) Indeed, that's why I made it my mission to change the world.. Somehow. I don't even want to understand those people - quite often, I find myself speaking to such and such person, only to realize there's no point in trying to get something out of him or her because (s)he is so empty. Not to mention trying to help them improve their lives or alike. Conformists and quitters? Maybe, but it's their choice. I am focused on making my life valuable, and every action purposeful.
GMSI7D

Post by GMSI7D » January 15th, 2019, 3:30 pm

yes so we agree to say that some people won't go anywhere in life and we can't do anything about it. i think this is somethong like 80 % of people according to the pareto principle and my studying social engineering for 10 years.

on the other side, we can't be an island and totaly isolated from society because the universe doesn't work that way. the universe is one with infinite levels of awareness.

so the best solution is to work for our lives and for a small group of people who can understand what we say in life.

i call this group the best 5 % of the population who help each other and don't mix too much with the crowd ( because it leads nowhere)

what inspired me is the philosophy of the innercircle by Stuart Goldsmith.
PowerMechGuy

Post by PowerMechGuy » January 15th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Hi! Always nice to meet someone who likes food. Do you write short stories?
God speaks through all creation.
LoneAlpha14

Post by LoneAlpha14 » January 15th, 2019, 7:22 pm

[mention]GMSI7D[/mention], agree - as much as we'd love to see everyone engaged in something great, it's impossible - and not even worth our time - to try to change them all. So, yes, the better option would be to focus on oneself and their surroundings. Allow me to notice I think it's nice to see the emerging trends of social awareness, sustainability, and cause - at least these fads are doing something good, even if it's due to everyone trying to keep up and be in.

[mention]PowerMechGuy[/mention], hehe, yes, especially preparing it! :) And, no, actually, I used to write only articles, essays, and alike. My fiction attempts failed when I first gave it a shot many years ago. Now I started something that leans more toward modern psychology. I never thought I'd write something like that, because, to be honest, I don't really like self-help stuff that much, but only due to everyone making a fuss over it nowadays. I think many of these so-called authors are only trying to cash in on other people's pain and despair. But, I have a story to tell, even though I'm still warming up. :)
GMSI7D

Post by GMSI7D » January 16th, 2019, 9:46 am

people here think being " weird " is bad

but what is " weird " ? what's the definition

it depends on the point of view

in a cavemen group 20,000 years ago , who is the weird guy ?

the astronaut from the " planet of the apes " movie who landed here by accident or the apes ?