What's Up!

Say hello and let us know who you are.
Davuj101

What's Up!

Post by Davuj101 » January 14th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Hey,

I'm Essy and I'm a female INTJ. I've taken the Myers-Briggs test multiple times with the same result and my Enneagram type is very descriptive of an INTJ as well. Much of my behavior and ways of thinking are validated as INTJ by my personal observations as well as by my family and friends. I come from a large family with a wide variety of types including ESFPs, ISTJs, a close INFJ sister, and IN--somethings--I still haven't figured out everyone's type. My boyfriend is an ISTP (you can imagine all the personality struggles that may come with that).

I have typical INTJ interests including philosophy, psychology, anything from the self-help genre, religion (especially Christianity), history, science, and culture. I also like athletic activities (strength training, hip-hop dance, swimming, volleyball), the outdoors (hiking, survival lifestyle), makeup, listening to music (Korean pop music is a favorite), having fun with and building relationships with friends and family, deep conversations, and animals. Everything is pretty much interesting to me, but these are interests I especially prioritize.

I hope by being involved in this community (with what I time I have) that I can find people like me who I can connect with, refine my thinking and learn new information, build my character, help others think in new ways, and just become a better person overall for the God I believe in, others, and myself.
Single [ ]
Taken [ ]
Building My Empire [X]
PowerMechGuy

Re: What's Up!

Post by PowerMechGuy » January 14th, 2019, 9:20 pm

I admire your confidence in your type. That probably the one thing I have yet to gain.
God speaks through all creation.
Davuj101

Post by Davuj101 » January 14th, 2019, 10:59 pm

PowerMechGuy wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:20 pm I admire your confidence in your type. That probably the one thing I have yet to gain.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. :?:
Single [ ]
Taken [ ]
Building My Empire [X]
PowerMechGuy

Post by PowerMechGuy » January 14th, 2019, 11:27 pm

Davuj101 wrote: January 14th, 2019, 10:59 pm
PowerMechGuy wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:20 pm I admire your confidence in your type. That probably the one thing I have yet to gain.
From what I can tell, it looks you are sure that you are an INTJ. I was saying that that is great and that I am still not sure myself.
God speaks through all creation.
carmoulu

Post by carmoulu » January 15th, 2019, 12:03 am

PowerMechGuy wrote: January 14th, 2019, 11:27 pm
From what I can tell, it looks you are sure that you are an INTJ. I was saying that that is great and that I am still not sure myself.
Hello, guys! I'm Luanna and I understand that feeling. I'm still learning to gain confidence in embracing my personality type. Can't wait for the discussions here to begin. ;)
LoneAlpha14

Post by LoneAlpha14 » January 15th, 2019, 7:11 am

Hi, Essy! Let me tell you I like your name!

Welcome to the forum, hope we have a nice time here! :)
GMSI7D

Post by GMSI7D » January 15th, 2019, 9:04 am

thank you guys
Hartmund
Site Admin

Post by Hartmund » January 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Hey Essy, welcome to the forum! I love your intentions for your membership here and am looking forward to reading more from you.

The biggest thing I got from shifting my intention towards wholesomeness - something that you've clearly also chosen - is an increased sense of tranquility and motivation towards positive and supportive action for others.

Have a nice day!

-Hartmund
Davuj101

Post by Davuj101 » January 15th, 2019, 4:13 pm

PowerMechGuy wrote: January 14th, 2019, 11:27 pm
It is pretty difficult, isn't it? When my INFJ sister and I were first getting into personality theory I told her I thought she was an INTJ like me. She told me she wasn't after doing her own research (but I was so sure!) We're so similar in how we think about the world and the views we hold...it's pretty creepy. And that's what makes it so hard. Even in how our life events turn out, I will oftentimes experience similar situations or exhibit behaviors she did at my age or around it (she's older).

What specifically makes you unsure? Did you take tests and come up with different results or do you feel you share traits from both in your observation?
I found it helpful reading this article by a fellow INTJ to differentiate the two: https://mbtifiction.com/2015/02/28/inxj ... n/?wref=tp

Hope it helps.
Single [ ]
Taken [ ]
Building My Empire [X]
Davuj101

Post by Davuj101 » January 15th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Hartmund wrote: January 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm Hey Essy, welcome to the forum! I love your intentions for your membership here and am looking forward to reading more from you.

The biggest thing I got from shifting my intention towards wholesomeness - something that you've clearly also chosen - is an increased sense of tranquility and motivation towards positive and supportive action for others.

Have a nice day!

-Hartmund

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it all.

I just hope all INTJs interacting on here will have the same goal, as I'm sure the stereotype of INTJs being arrogant and self-centered has some validity (and I believe those traits aren't compatible with growing as people and finding truth). It's not too wild of a prediction that these kind of INTJs will be found on here or that any one of us couldn't fall into that mindset occasionally.
Single [ ]
Taken [ ]
Building My Empire [X]