Feelings?????

Say hello and let us know who you are.
whyareyoucrying

Feelings?????

Post by whyareyoucrying » July 9th, 2021, 8:28 am

I always wondered why I felt so cold and unfeeling. I thought something was wrong with me.
I mean really....When is the last time any of us cried.......Never. It pisses me off when someone is crying.
Sometimes I wish I felt things like others do. But I've got other things to worry about.
There I've exposed too much of myself already, Bring on the criticism I can take it.
Scholarant

Re: Feelings?????

Post by Scholarant » July 12th, 2021, 6:57 am

I understand where you are coming from. It is like i feel emotions but I don’t really want to express them for every one else to see. Others tell me “emotions are good talk about your emotions” and I’m thinking with a plastered on smile if you say so”, if I pretend to agree can we please move on to a more relevant topic.
PowerMechGuy

Re: Feelings?????

Post by PowerMechGuy » July 14th, 2021, 10:37 am

I'm not gonna say I totally understand, but I can relate.

I used to get stomach aches when my parents got angry. I use to bawl when characters in tv shows perished or met a terrible fate. I use be overcome by joy and ravaged by sadness.

As a watched the wellspring of my heart dry up, I felt like a monster. I couldn't understand how I could basically make a 180 and go from being this sensitive child to being this cold and calculated adult.

Then I remembered my past and how feelings were discouraged. Even as a kid, I knew there would be consequences based on how I felt. I could not ever have known they would have been this severe.

I highly doubt most INTJ's start out cold and numb. Nevertheless, our unique combination of sensitivities and mental patterns seem to require a special sort of support in order to evade the ever so common result that is the somewhat standard INTJ.

I'm truly sorry that it turned out this way.

I don't know you, but I still remember what it felt like to truly feel. And I know that losing that hurts in a way that can't really be properly communicated; especially as an INTJ.
God speaks through all creation.