Just Curious...

Discuss our content & all other things INTJ.
MrsCharles

Just Curious...

Post by MrsCharles » January 16th, 2019, 4:20 am

When watching a film, the kind where some mal-adjusted prisoner is being threatened with any number of days of solitary confinement... am I alone in thinking that's not punishment, that it sounds like heaven?

Provided there are books, of course.
PowerMechGuy

Re: Just Curious...

Post by PowerMechGuy » January 16th, 2019, 4:46 am

MrsCharles wrote: January 16th, 2019, 4:20 am When watching a film, the kind where some mal-adjusted prisoner is being threatened with any number of days of solitary confinement... am I alone in thinking that's not punishment, that it sounds like heaven?

I don't know, that sort of sounds like a special case senario. :P However, I do think a prison library would be an excellent feature to add.
God speaks through all creation.
kingsy

Post by kingsy » January 22nd, 2019, 7:48 pm

Hi ms Charles

Books will help but don't solve the problem, Humans are social animals that break slowly without any contact.
Probably depending on intelligence, you could connect with a part of yourself with enough self reflection.
Go look at blue zones (where people get the oldest), there is always a cohesion in the community.
Because of this and many studies of solitary confinement some counties want to ban it.

So it is mostly intelligence based I'm afraid, the smartest criminals are not in prison to test it on.

Hope I could shed some light.
GMSI7D

Post by GMSI7D » January 22nd, 2019, 10:05 pm

MrsCharles wrote: January 16th, 2019, 4:20 am When watching a film, the kind where some mal-adjusted prisoner is being threatened with any number of days of solitary confinement... am I alone in thinking that's not punishment, that it sounds like heaven?

it depends on the situation

in the planet of the ape movie, maybe it's a good thing because you are out out the reach of the apes.

there is this story of a prisonner who survived a volcano eruption circa 1903. he was protected by the walls of the prison while people outside perished in the lava.

so life is weird anyway